Date(s) - Saturday, March 2, 2019
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
In its 29th year, the Walk for the Animals has become a highly anticipated event in Broward County, Florida. It is a day of celebration for our loyal Walkers, thanking them for their months of hard work fundraising to help support the animals in our care and the programs and services that we offer.
2018, we welcomed over 5,000 people and about 2,000 of their furry friends. Participants gathered at Downtown Fort Lauderdale’s Huizenga Park, enjoying live music, a pancake breakfast courtesy of IHOP, Purina Incredible Dog demonstrations, games, giveaways and over 35 booths to visit. The 1.25 mile Walk is optional, but thousands participated, walking through Downtown Fort Lauderdale and along the scenic New River.
Because of the generosity of our community and local businesses, the 2018 Walk netted over $570,000 and we’re ready to beat that number for 2019. We welcome people (and pups) of all ages to register, fundraise and join us to Walk for the Animals!
Check out some of the great things you’ll get to do by fundraising for the animals and joining us on Walk Day!
• Enjoy a free pancake breakfast, live entertainment and much more
• Grab free treats for you and your dog from over 35 booths
• Qualify for great prizes including a chance to win your dog’s photo on next year’s Walk publicity
• Create a Pack so your whole team can walk and fundraise together
• Raise money so the Humane Society of Broward County can help even more homeless animals in 2019 – You’ll earn some great prizes for your hard work
Registration and additional information available HERE.