Date(s) - Saturday, May 7, 2022
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
MAD Arts, an organization within the MAD agency, dedicated to providing a playground for art and artmaking, is excited to announce that it will host and exhibit, Wandering the Wilderness, an interactive exhibition featuring “Outsider Art” from the collection at National Arts Exhibitions of the Mentally Ill, Inc (NAEMI). MAD Arts is hosting an interactive evening of movement, music, art, and healing for the expression of artistic excellence by those recovering from mental illness on Saturday, May 7, 2022, from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
· The exhibition will include important, internationally recognized names in Cuban Outsider Art, such as Jorge Alberto Cadi “El Buzo”, Misleidys Castillo Pedroso and Rigoberto Casorla (Rigo), along with other well-recognized creators such as Echo McCallister, Gary Brewer, Ramon Losa, Isaac Crespo, Damián Valdés Dilla, and for the first time in the United States, Fernando Bachero. Artists from the USA, Spain, Cuba, and Paraguay will be represented in this exhibition.
· The “Opening Night” Celebration promises to be an exciting evening of movement, music, and healing where guests can enjoy the benefits of creative expression and an all-inclusive experience with the Rhythmic Drummers.
· The event is free and open to the public. Beer, wine, and refreshments will be provided.
· NAEMI’s mission is to promote the artistic works of “outsider artists”, increase artists’ credibility in a society that would otherwise ostracize them and reduce the stigma associated with mental illness worldwide.
· Through this partnership with NAEMI, MAD Arts supports the artistic community by cultivating space for the portrayal and discussion of the challenging and stigmatized aspects of life experience.
DETAILS: This event is FREE and open to the public
For more information, please visit http://www.yeswearemadarts.com/event/wandering-in-the-wilderness/ , call 754-206-2243 or email Tess@yeswearemad.com