Date(s) - Saturday, October 8, 2022
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Nova Southeastern Univertsity
NAMI Broward County Presents the “NAMIWalks Your Way: A United Day of Hope,” on Saturday, October 8 at 8:00 a.m. at NOVA Southeastern University.
● On your feet, participants! Join us as we unite the community to magnify mental health awareness, promote mental health and wellness, and raise critical funds to support NAMI’s Signature and top-rated programs – Free to the community.
● We’ll cheer each other on while raising our voices to be heard, united in our commitment to raise awareness of our cause; secure funds to drive NAMI’s free top-rated programs, and build community in every sense of the word.
● There is no fee to register as a walker or team captain for the NAMIWalks event, however every individual who personally raises $100 will be recognized on walk day with a NAMI Broward County event t-shirt.
● Participants are encouraged to take photos and videos and share their activity on favorite social media channels with the link to their walk fundraising page using the hashtag # #Together4MH and #NAMIBroward.
● Funds raised from the walk will help NAMI Broward County reach their goal of helping hundreds of thousands of people living with mental illness and their families/caregivers by providing support services they need.
● NAMI Broward County is dedicated to the eradication of the stigma associated with mental illnesses and to the improvement of the quality of life for all individuals affected by these diseases. The non-profit organization provides free support groups, education classes and seminars, legislative advocacy, and information to the Broward County mental health community. Programs include Family-to-Family, Peer-to-Peer, Basics, Ending the Silence, and participation in the Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) for law enforcement personnel, among others.
DETAILS: For more information or to register, visit: https://www.namiwalks.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=1233
For sponsorship opportunities or for additional information contact Loren Carrillo at firstname.lastname@example.org