Date(s) - Saturday, January 18, 2020
Second Annual Florida Sand Angels Beach Clean-Up
* As part of its on-going commitment to protecting our planet and making South Florida a healthier place to live, MODS is calling on volunteers to come join its team at the 2nd Annual Florida Sand Angels Beach clean-up on Dania Beach.
* Marine debris such as trash, plastic bottles and bags, soda cans, old fishing gear and other pollutants are a growing problem affecting our oceans and beaches and is especially threatening to its animals, coral reefs and plants.
* Volunteers will help remove debris and garbage from the beach while learning about other environmental initiatives and how to be a part of them.
* Volunteers of all ages are invited but this clean-up is recommended for adults and for children 8 years old and older. Children 16 years old and younger must always be accompanied by an adult.
* This event is sponsored by The Extra Catch and supported by Surfrider Foundation Broward.
* All volunteers should bring a reusable water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray, closed-toe shoes and appropriate clothing for beach weather and physical activity.
* Water, Gatorade and cleaning supplies will be provided; however, volunteers are welcome to bring their own equipment if applicable.
* This clean-up is just one of many MODS initiatives created to protect our planet and the health and well-being of its inhabitants.
Pelican Pavilion at the Dr. Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park
6503 N. Ocean Drive, Dania Beach, FL 33004
ABOUT THE MUSEUM OF DISCOVERY AND SCIENCE (MODS):
Founded in 1976 as the Discovery Center, today MODS is at the forefront of science education, innovation and exploration. The Museum showcases more than 300 interactive exhibits, immersive films and experiential programs. With a designated STEM Center and new aviation-themed makerspace, The Leighton Family Hangar, MODS is committed to engaging, enriching and inspiring tomorrow’s workforce – today. The Museum celebrates diversity and welcomes more than 400,000 visitors annually from all walks of life. MODS is open every day of the year, except Thanksgiving, one day in the spring for its Annual Wine, Spirits and Culinary Celebration (March 13, 2020) and one day in the fall for the Annual Gala (October 24, 2020). Hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. MODS is located downtown at 401 SW Second Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312. For more information about the Museum, call 954.467.MODS (6637) or visit mods.org.