Date(s) - Saturday, November 17, 2018
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Southwest Regional Library
Children and families are invited to enjoy an amazing free day of live costumed storybook characters, magic, music and more at Broward County Library’s 17th Annual StoryBook Festival!
This year’s event, scheduled for Saturday, November 17th from 10AM-4:30PM at Southwest Regional Library, 16835 Sheridan St., Pembroke Pines, FL 33331, celebrates the magic of Mary Poppins with the theme “Let’s Go Fly a Kite,” based on a song from the soundtrack of Disney’s 1964 Mary Poppins movie. The theme encourages all of us to take the time to live in the moment and follow the child within all of us.
The first 1,000 children arriving to the festival will receive a free book. The City of Pembroke Pines will sponsor an arts and crafts tent where kids can get creative. Children can interact with their favorite storybook characters in the Fantasy Forest, and will enjoy the “Swappin’ Ground” area where they may tell their own stories. Food trucks will be on site, selling tasty treats all day. Children can get their face painted for free, and parents can bring cameras to take photos at the “official” Storybook Photo Spots.
Children are encouraged to come to the festival in costume, and join the Storybook Parade. There will be a full day of music, dance, storytelling, storybook characters and children’s performances on three stages.
Featured performances will include:
- Storytellers Katie Adams and Pat Nease will delight all with their many tales
- Magician Brent Gregory will keep you mesmerized with magic and a touch of comedy
- Children’s entertainers Noam Brown of the Kids Music Circle, Suzy Hammer as Pumpkin Patty and the whimsical Marci Poppins will entertain and engage all
- Musical selections by the City of Pembroke Pines Recreation and Cultural Arts, Broward Center Spotlights and Jennifer McClain
- Meet your favorite costumed characters including Bad Kitty, Word Girl and Clifford the Big Red Dog
- FREE facepainting, arts & crafts, photo ops, virtual reality …and much more.
The StoryBook Festival is funded through the Broward Public Library Foundation with support from the City of Pembroke Pines. It is sponsored by the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, the Children’s Services Council of Broward County and the Friends of Southwest Regional Library and Broward Family Life Magazine.
For additional information please call 954-357-7406, 954-357-7317 or 954-357-6580. Online information available HERE.