Date(s) - Friday, April 2, 2021 - Tuesday, April 13, 2021
The Dan Marino Foundation, in partnership with Walgreens, presents 1.3 With Me for Autism, a virtual run/walk fundraiser to be held on April 2 – April 13 in honor of World Autism Awareness Day and World Autism Month.
• This virtual fundraiser provides the community with the opportunity to run/walk 1.3 miles or more at their own pace and safely raise awareness about autism.
• Participants can join individually or create a team with friends, family, and/or co-workers to support autism awareness.
• The goal of 1.3 With Me for Autism is to bring the community, organizations and sponsors together to help children and adults overcome physical and developmental obstacles while connecting safely with one another.
• Pre-K to 12th Grade Schools can create school teams and help raise funds for special needs programming. 20% of what a school raises will go back to the school’s special needs programming if a minimum of $250 is raised.
• Every dollar raised through this effort stays in South Florida and benefits the Dan Marino Foundation and the local autism community.
• The Marino family started the Dan Marino Foundation 29 years ago with a vision that has become reality, focusing on creating opportunities leading to employment and independence for individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
SPONSORS: Walgreens, iHeartRadio, Y100, TU 94.9, Big 105.9, Totally 93.9, 940 WINZ, 103.5 The Beat, 610 WIOD Radio, The Bull 104.7, 100.7 Pride and Total Traffic
Friday, April 2 – Tuesday, April 13
Participants have the option to complete the 1.3 mile at their own pace.
Virtual Event: www.danmarinofoundation.org/walkforautism
DETAILS: Individual tickets are $25
For more information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Tammy Long, Director of Community Engagement and Events at email@example.com