Young At Art Museum celebrates the creative works of teens during the 13th-Annual Young At Art Teen Comic Convention on Friday, July 12, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. for visitors of all ages at the museum. During the convention, illustrations, video graphics, superheroes and original characters will take center stage as local South Florida teen artists and tweens display and sell their colorful comic book, sci-fi, anime, fantasy, and gaming inspired artwork.
Event activities for the entire family include:
- Teen Comic Artists Showcasing and Selling Artwork, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Come support young, art- entrepreneurs as teens, ages 13-18, showcase, demonstrate and sell their artistic creations and have their work judged by local artists and comic professionals.
- Video Gaming Stations in the NEW ArtCade Exhibit
- Center Stage
- Demonstrations, contests, and art throughout the day
- Digital Art Screenings by CampYAA Digital Arts Campers
- Quick Draw Contest, 11 a.m. to noon
Three age categories: elementary, middle and high school; prizes for the winners
- Cosplay Fashion Show
Come dressed as your favorite comic, anime or action hero (G-rated costumes and no full facemasks, please). Guests who wear costumes will receive $4 off admission.
- Demonstrations by Special Guests- Rob Cabrera, Emmy Award Winning Cartoonist, Manny Cartoon, Professional Animator
- Comic Vendor Stations
- Comic ARTSTATIONS throughout the museum
Admission to the 13th Annual Family Comic Convention is included with admission to Young At Art
Museum: $14 per person; $12 for Broward County residents, seniors and children over age 1; and $11 for military members and their immediate families. Come in costume and receive a $4 admission discount! For more information, call 954-424-0085. Guests who wear costumes (G-rated costumes and no full facemasks, please) will receive $4 off admission.
For more info: http://www.youngatartmuseum.org/