The LOOP (Las Olas Oceanside Park) resumes its bi-monthly “Sunday by The Shore” experience with a special event to benefit those impacted by Hurricane Ian. The event will feature a day-long hurricane supply drive from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. for families in Southwest Florida who were impacted by Hurricane Ian, and a free concert from Krush Party Band from 12 – 3 p.m.
Items accepted include the following:
- BABY & CHILDREN: Diapers, food, personal care and toys
- CLOTHING: New underwear and socks, gently used, clean T-shirts
- EMERGENCY SUPPLIES: Flashlights, batteries and fans
- PAPER PRODUCTS: Plates, towels, napkins and tissue
- PET SUPPLIES: Bag or can food, toys and care products
- HOMEGOODS: Towels, bedding, comforters, air mattress and tents
- SMALL HOUSEWARES: Plates, cutlery, glassware and can openers
- REPAIR ITEMS: Trash bags, work gloves, hand tools, plastic tubs and carts
Additionally, LOOP supporter OTC4Me.com will have personal hygiene and cleaning supply care packages for sale, along with postcards of hope which will be sent with each box.
Arrangements have been made to transport items to those hardest hit on the West Coast of Florida through a partnership with Fort Lauderdale Ice.
Created as a community gathering and building event, Sunday by the Shore encourages locals and visitors to spend the day at The LOOP to connect with their neighbors and make new friends. Attendees are invited to bring a picnic blanket and lawn chair or borrow one from The LOOP, to enjoy a rotation of Live Music, Lawn Games, and a Shop & Stroll Marketplace featuring an array of fresh, ready-to-eat food for a picnic in the park experience, plus handmade goods; home furnishings; apothecary items; clothing, accessories, and other locally made items.
For complete details, please visit https://theloopflb.com/events/sunday-by-the-shore/
For questions on how to donate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.