Date(s) - Sunday, February 13, 2022
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Las Olas Oceanside Park
Welcoming locals and visitors of all ages to engage in “Infinite Experiences for Everyone Under the Sun,” The LOOP (Las Olas Oceanside Park) is hosting Second Sunday by the Shore. Starting Feb. 13, the community gathering and building event encourages the public to spend the day at The LOOP to connect with their neighbors and make new friends.
Guests are invited to bring a picnic blanket and lawn chair, or borrow one from The LOOP, and enjoy a rotation of live music, interactive experiences, a picnic brunch setting, a Shop & Stroll market, oceanside yoga and a variety of lawn games including pickleball, checkers, tic-tac-toe, and more.
The Shop & Stroll Marketplace will feature an array of fresh, ready-to-eat food; handmade goods; home furnishings; apothecary items; clothing; accessories; and more.
At 9:30 a.m., Shay Palmer, the founder and owner of Mission Yoga, will lead an oceanside yoga flow on the main lawn in partnership with LO/OP Fit. Yoga lovers of all levels will relish in the ocean breeze and sunshine as they flow through a dynamic sequence of postures and breathwork.
On select months a rotation of interactive experiences will take place, including:
- March 13, May 8 and July 10: Community art project with local artist Djerlens “DJ” Chery. Chery will lead attendees in an interactive class where they will paint ocean scenes depicted in the commissioned artwork, he created for the Fort Lauderdale Beach lifeguard tower wraps.
The monthly schedule of activities includes:
- All Day: Shop & Stroll Marketplace
- 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.: Oceanside Yoga
- 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Live Music
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Lawn games and more
Live Music Lineup:
- 13: Pan Paradise, South Florida’s premier steel drum and Reggae band
- March 13: Steeltown Religion Band, 12 – 3 p.m.
- $5 for Mission Yoga members
- $10 pre-registration for nonmembers
- $15 day of the event; Couples drop in special of 2 for $22 on February 13
For more information, please visit https://theloopflb.com/events/2nd-sunday-by-the-shore-2022-02-13/.
To register for yoga, please visit https://theloopflb.com/events/2nd-sunday-by-the-shore-yoga/.
For vendor and sponsor inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.