Date(s) - Friday, June 28, 2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ripped from the Headlines: The Free Speech Forum will gather writers, professors, legal scholars – and you, the audience – for a provocative discussion about the state of journalism, art and other forms of creative self-expression in the Trump era.
Producer and Moderator: Sally-Ann O’Dowd, president of content marketing company Sally On Media, Lifestyle Media Group features writer, and publisher of the e-zine Creativity Is Risky: Free Speech in a Charlie Hebdo World
- Jon M. Garon, J.D.,dean of the Shepard Broad College of Law, Nova Southeastern University
- Karla Kennedy, Ph.D., visiting instructor, Department of Journalism and Media, Florida International University
- Megan O’Matz, Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter, South Florida Sun-Sentinel
- Darius V. Daughtry, author of And the Walls Came Tumbling: Poems that Unapologetically Speak Truth to Power and executive director, Art Prevails Project
- Aurelio Moreno, multimedia reporter, South Florida Sun-Sentinel and Spanish-language edition El Sentinel
- 6–7pm: wine reception and tour of the “Ripped from the Headlines” multimedia art exhibit with curator Elle Schorr
- 7–9pm: Welcome by Doug McCraw, founder of the non-profit FATVillage Arts District; poetry reading by Darius V. Daughtry; panel discussion and open dialogue
For more info on the art exhibit and panelists visit: http://www.rippedfromtheheadlines.art/freespeech/
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact Sally-Ann O’Dowd, the event producer at firstname.lastname@example.org