Date(s) - Tuesday, December 8, 2020
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
United Way of Broward County’s Commission on Behavioral Health & Drug Prevention will host a Virtual Webinar, “Prevention through Mindfulness,” on Tuesday, December 8 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. via Zoom.
- This FREE Virtual Webinar is a community-wide event featuring students from the Mind Body Ambassadors Club that will address Mind Body skills with the goal of creating communities of hope and healing in Broward County Public Schools.
- Community members are invited to join the conversation and learn new techniques from the student ambassadors like various coping methods for when having a bad day.
- Since Mind Body Medicine is one of the most effective programs used for healing trauma and stress, the goal of this event is to raise awareness about Mind Body Medicine techniques.
- Participants will learn soft belly breathing, biofeedback, drawing, movement, visualizations, mindful eating and other
- Broward County Public Schools middle and high
school students can earn community service hours by attending and participating in the virtual discussion for the full hour.
– To register, please visit: https://www.unitedwaybroward.org/events/prevention-through-mindfulness (Information will be provided upon registration)
DETAILS: This Virtual Event will be presented live via zoom and is FREE to attend. A link will be provided upon registration. For more information, please contact Jenna
Stein at jstein@UnitedWayBroward.org.