Date(s) - Sunday, May 20, 2018
12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Davie Town Hall
Join us as we honor Broward’s 2018 Pioneers at the 44th Annual Pioneer Day on Saturday, May 20th at Davie Town Hall located at 6591 Orange Drive, Davie 33314. This free event will feature music, entertainment and refreshments beginning at 12PM followed by a recognition ceremony at 1PM.
Presented by the Broward County Historic Preservation Board, in partnership with the City of Davie and Broward Cultural Division, the event recognizes Broward residents who have been selected by local historical societies and municipalities for their role in creating the diverse and vibrant community that has helped define the Broward County of today. These Pioneers join a distinguished group of more than 1,500 previously honored Pioneers who have been honored since the beginning of the program in 1972.
The following is a list of the 2018 Pioneers:
- Mary Boast – Coral Springs
- Beverly “Jill” Jean Smith – Old Davie School
- Irwin Harlem – Sunrise
- Pastor Timothy J. Hartner – Weston
- Jean Cheany Collins – Broward Trust
- Rosario “Roy” Vizzini – Cooper City
- Jeanette Marie Washington – Dania Beach
- Frank Coleman – Lauderdale Lakes
- Diane Wendt – Oakland Park
- Susie Jones Wells – West Park
- Alyce Schweyer Culpepper – Plantation Historical Society
- Adelaide Judy Austin – The Genealogical Society of Broward County
- Newell Hollingsworth – Southwest Ranches
- William Gundlach – City of Fort Lauderdale
- Janet Hoade – Hollywood Historical Society
Tickets and additional information available HERE.