Date(s) - Wednesday, May 23, 2018
7:45 am - 12:15 pm
The Tower Club Fort Lauderdale
The GLBX Council of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce will present its second annual “LGBTQ Dynamics in the Workplace” workshop presented by Wheelhouse IT. The workshop is essential to empower business leaders and human resource managers to successfully recruit, retain and improve productivity through progressive workplace policies that create equality for LGBTQ employees.
Stephanie Schneider, Board Certified Elder Law Attorney and Diversity Workshop Chair, has assembled a panel of experts:
- Rene Cantu, Business Outreach Manager of Equality Florida, will moderate the presentation and share insight from a wealth of companies that offer diversity practices
- Eric Gabrielle, Esq., who specializes in employment and labor law, will present “Developing Company Policies for Inclusiveness and Awareness of Legal Issues”
- Juliet Roulhac, Regional Manager of Corporate External Affairs for FP&L will address attendees as a workshop sponsor
- Doug Nelson, LMHC, of Fort Lauderdale CFIT, will present “The A-B-C’s of Effective Communication”
- Michelle Landry, Director of Engagement, Diversity and Inclusion, FP&L
- Joel Leone, Operations Manager, Florida Technical Center (Tenet Health)
- Arthur Livingston, Senior Vice President, Regional Manager, PNC Bank
The workshop begins with a hearty breakfast and networking. During the interactive workshop, attendees will learn inclusion best practices to recruit and retain top talent, and increase productivity. Each attendee will receive a training completion certificate from Equality Florida.
Tickets are $195 for Chamber members and $225 for non-members. To RSVP, visit www.ftlchamber.com/dynamics.
The workshop is presented by Wheelhouse IT with sponsors Florida Power & Light Company and The Eppy Group.