Galleria Fort Lauderdale’s BBX Capital Men of Style presented by Signature Grand and CAN Community Health, the most fashionable social event of the season, takes place on Thursday, November 30, from 6 – 9 p.m. Hosted by WPLG Local 10 Anchor Jacey Birch at Galleria Fort Lauderdale, this premier high energy fundraising event showcases a stellar roster of 12 prominent leaders who will rock the runway to make a positive impact in our community.
For the past 16 years, Galleria Fort Lauderdale has proudly hosted this sold out event. Last year’s event raised a record-breaking $310,000 for 12 respected local charities that impact the quality of life for those they serve and the community-at-large.
The 12 influential South Florida men who have graciously donated their time and resources to worthy causes and will work the runway on behalf of their participating nonprofits are:
- Bill Beckman, Sales Director at Becton, Dickinson and Company (South Florida Symphony Orchestra)
- James Conner, Chief Grants Officer of Pulte Family Charitable Foundation (Henderson Behavioral Health)
- David Diaz, Real Estate Advisor for David Diaz Realty/Compass (FLITE Center)
- Phil Dunlap, Director of Broward County’s Cultural Division (History Fort Lauderdale)
- Brad Friedman, President & CEO of Artisan Foods Catering (Art & Culture Center/Hollywood)
- Joshua Levenson, Partner at Holland & Knight LLP (Leadership Broward)
- Alfredo Lopez, Creative Services Director of Northrop & Johnson (Kids In Distress)
- Malcolm MacInnes, President of MGM General Contracting (HANDY)
- Jason MacMenamin, Vice President of Global Learning Architecture at American Express (Florida Children’s Theatre)
- Alfredo Olvera, Realtor and Director of the Board at The Pride Center at Equality Park (The Pride Center at Equality Park)
- Tyler Smillie, Senior Vice President of Private Banking at Bank of America (Jack & Jill Children’s Center)
- Bill Walker, President of Water Taxi of Fort Lauderdale (Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center)
Guests will be treated to live entertainment plus gourmet selections from area restaurants including Lona at the Westin, La Fuga and The Escape at Kimpton Shorebreak Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, Lips Fort Lauderdale, Tulio’s Tacos and Tequila Bar, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Sicilian Oven, Gulf Stream Distillery, and more to be announced. The event will have an open bar with Stoli Vodka, wines from Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants, and beer from Funky Buddha Brewery. The highlight of the evening will be the fashion runway show that will feature the Men of Style honorees wearing the season’s top trending styles from Macy’s and Dillard’s. The party continues after hours courtesy of Blue Martini.
Event sponsors and contributors include BBX Capital as title sponsor, Signature Grand and CAN Community Health as presenting sponsors, and supporting sponsors Dillard’s, Macy’s, Broward Health, Memorial Healthcare System, GPR | Goodman Public Relations, City & Shore magazine, OutClique, WPLG Local 10, Stoli, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants, The Capital Grille and Blue Martini.
Tickets are $150 per person including complimentary valet parking and are available through the participating charities and online at www.galleriamall-fl.com/events/men-of-style-2023. Online voting is $25 per vote. The Man of Style and his respected charity that sells the most tickets and secures the most online votes will be recognized during the event with an additional $1,000 contribution.