Date(s) - Monday, March 20, 2023 - Friday, March 24, 2023
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
L.A. Lee YMCA/Mizell Community Center
In preparation for the onset of warmer weather, participating YMCA of South Florida locations are hosting “Swim for Jenny Week,” five days of free swim lessons and water safety instruction to children and adults of all ages from Monday, March 20 to Friday, March 24. During the year, 11,000 children and adults are taught drowning prevention and water safety techniques at the YMCA of South Florida.
Named after Jenny, a one-of-a-kind child who was energetic, beautiful and blessed with a loving family but lost her life because she did not know how to swim, “Swim for Jenny Week” seeks to strengthen local communities, impacting the lives of thousands by teaching drowning prevention and water safety techniques.
Registration for “Swim for Jenny Week” is available by phone at 954-334-9622 or in person at any of the following participating YMCA locations:
- L.A. Lee YMCA/Mizell Community Center – 1409 Sistrunk Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale
- Greater Hollywood YMCA Family Center – 3161 Taft Street, Hollywood
- Hallandale Beach YMCA Family Center – 501 SE 1 Avenue, Hallandale Beach
- Pembroke Pines YMCA Family Center – 501 SW 172 Avenue, Pembroke Pines
- Pembroke Pines Aquatic & Program Center – 1361 NW 129 Avenue, Pembroke Pines
- Weston YMCA Family Center – 20201 Saddle Club Rd, Weston
Since the lack of proper attire can also be a hindrance to kids learning to swim, the Y will also be accepting swim suit donations through their annual Swimsuit Drive at all YMCA of South Florida locations, in an effort to provide additional support during “Swim for Jenny Week.”
For more information, visit ymcasouthflorida.org/event/swim-for-jenny-week. Lesson times may vary by location and the complete schedule for all locations can be found HERE.