Could a local 10-year-old be inventing the next Uber?
Find out at Fort Lauderdale’s first Children’s Business Fair showcasing children’s entrepreneurial genius!
Saturday June 11th – 10am-2pm
Outdoor Atrium of the Museum of Discovery & Science (MODS)
401 SW 2nd Street, Fort Lauderdale
- FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- 25 Booths – 35 budding entrepreneurs
- Mini-ribbon cutting ceremony with representatives from the MODS Leadership Team (10am-10:15am)
What is it?
The Children’s Business Fair is open to all children (ages 5-14) to have the opportunity to:
- Make something with his or her own hands
- Sell it (safely) to a stranger
- Experience the freedom (and responsibility) of having a little extra spending money as a reward
How it works:
Children create a product or service, develop a brand, build a marketing strategy, and then open for customers at this one-day marketplace. The children are responsible for the setup, sales, and interaction with customers, and any parent seen selling to the customer or promoting the child’s product will result in disqualification from the competition.
Prizes will be awarded in each of the two age groups (5-10, 11-14) for “Most Business Potential,” “Most Creative Idea,” and “Most Impressive Presentation.”
Registration and additional information available HERE.