Date(s) - Sunday, August 4, 2019
Museum of Discovery and Science
The Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS) to host its end-of-summer
concert titled “Preserve the Coral Reef” on Sunday, August 4
- As the culmination of MODS’s Musician in Residence Series, the South Florida Symphony will perform an unforgettable end-of-summer concert titled “Preserve the Coral Reef.”
- The interactive performance will take place in front of the Museum’s Megalodon and will be open to all MODS guests.
- “Preserve the Coral Reef” is a newly commissioned musical score by Robert Kerr. Through music, costumes, participation, and dramatization, the students became informed
caretakers of our coral reefs.
- The Musician in Residence series is sponsored by the Rosemary Duffy Larson Trust.
- Admission to the concert is included with the purchase of a ticket to MODS.
MUSEUM OF DISCOVERY AND SCIENCE:
The mission of the Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS) is to provide experiential pathways to lifelong learning in science for children and adults through exhibits, programs and films. Founded in 1976 as The Discovery Center, the Museum provides enriching Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education to approximately 400,000 visitors annually. As a nonprofit organization, major operational support for the Museum is provided through generous funding by Leadership Guild members including JM Family Enterprises, Inc., Jet Blue and Wells Fargo.
The Museum is open every day of the year including Thanksgiving and Christmas except for one day in the spring for its Annual Wine, Spirits and Culinary Celebration and one day in the fall for its Annual Gala on October 26, 2019. The Museum is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. Ticket prices are $17 for adults; $16 for seniors 65+; $14 for active/retired military personnel; $14 for children 2 to 12. Children under 2 are free. A 45-minute IMAX documentary or Hollywood movie can be added for a small upcharge. The Museum of Discovery and Science is located downtown at 401 SW Second Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312. For more information about the Museum, call 954.467.MODS (6637) or visit mods.org.
Additional information available HERE.
Like or follow us on Social Media.