The Broward Public Library Foundation has announced its line-up of “celebrity” bartenders at the 3rd annual Cocktails for Humanity event on Saturday, September 29, 2018. The event starts at 6:00 p.m. and goes until 11:00 p.m. All bartenders have volunteered their time to this event and to raising funds for the Broward County Library system. All proceeds, including tips from beer, wine and cocktails served will benefit various programs offered by the library system.
Cocktails for Humanity takes place once a month at General Provision FATVillage (525 Northwest First Avenue, Fort Lauderdale). Founder, Eric Barton, decided to commit the space during the FATVillage Art Walk each month to a different charity. Last year, Broward Public Library Foundation exceeded its fundraising goal at this event and plans to beat that dollar amount this year.
List of bartenders include:
- Tim Bascombe, Vice Chair of Broward Public Library Foundation Board of Directors, CEO & President of The Bascombe Companies
- Sunem Beaton-Garcia, President, Central Campus of Broward College
- Ann Burris, Community Relations at Holland America
- Karen Jones, Director of Marketing at Ryder
- Tom Loffredo, Shareholder at GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Jeff Martin, Morning Show Co-Host of Easy 93.1
- Laurie Menekou Ernest-Jones, Founder & President of Conceptual Communications
- Sasha Keyne Moon, Manager, Corporate Philanthropy at JM Family Enterprises
- Christi Lyn Rice, Grants Manager at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Kerry Sanders, Correspondent at NBC News
- Marty Shuham, Chair of Broward Public Library Foundation Board of Directors, Partner at Shuham & Shuham P.A.
- Kara Starzyk, Owner of Kara Starzyk Photography
- Carlos Suarez, Publisher and Creative Director at Venice Magazine
- Shawn Thornton, Executive Vice President of The Florida Panthers and former NHL player
- Kelvin Watson, Director of Broward County Libraries
- Michael Wild, Owner & Managing Partner of Wild Felice & Partners, P.A.
Most of the event’s proceeds will benefit the Books ‘n’ Bears at the Holidays program. 2,400+ disadvantaged preschool children receive a new book and a cuddly teddy bear at holiday parties held at 30 library branches in the county. For many of these children, it’s their first introduction to the library and the array of services that can experience. If you are interested in learning more about this program please visit the following link: www.bplfoundation.org/booksandbears.
There is street parking available on the surrounding blocks and a public parking lot on the southwest corner of NW 4th Street and 1st Avenue. There are some “No Parking/Tow Away Zone” areas. The Sun Trolley service is free and runs throughout the event. Attendees can ride with the Sun Trolley from the Searstown parking lot (498 NE 9th Street, Fort Lauderdale) (behind Radioactive Records). The Broward Public Library Foundation does not recommend or condone drinking alcohol and driving.
Additional information available HERE.