Snow will fall again on Las Olas Boulevard, transforming the area into a magical winter wonderland as locals and visitors return to the beloved 57th Annual Christmas on Las Olas. The fun-filled event will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 3, 5–10 p.m. between SE 6th Avenue and SE 11th Avenue. It is free and open to the public.
Highlights of the evening include 30 performances on four stages, featuring local school and church choirs, Snow Mountain, ice skating, outdoor movies and entertainment for the kids and kids at heart. A lighted menorah will also mark the Hanukkah celebration at this all-inclusive holiday tradition.
The community-focused event offers guests the opportunity to support local nonprofits including the Wounded Veterans Relief Fund, American Lung Association, United Way of Broward County, Florida Children’s Theatre, The Salvation Army, Special Compass, South East Police Motorcycle Rodeo, Broward Education Foundation, and Rotary Club of Fort Lauderdale, to name a few.
Following are some of the highlights of this year’s event:
- Holiday favorite Snow Mountain, featuring a 70-ft. sled ride down REAL snow, will be located on Las Olas and SE 9th Ave.
- Back by popular demand is Skate Las Olas for one magical night, located directly across from Snow Mountain.
- The ever popular children’s fun zone will return with an expanded children’s area, One Beat CPR’s Enchanted Village, located at 788 E. Las Olas. Attendees can make memories by taking photos with Santa, and enjoying a winter-themed bounce house and free holiday activities while learning the value of life-saving CPR.
- Adding to the spirit of the season, Bacardi, Grey Goose, Bombay Sapphire, Josh Cellars, and Funky Buddha will be serving libations up and down the Boulevard, with proceeds benefiting the event’s chosen charities.
- iHeart Radio radio personalities from BIG 105.9, Y100, 93.9MIA will be located at the three large performance stages, and offer free giveaways throughout the evening.
- Extended hours make it easy to shop at the 100 local retailers, restaurants and art galleries. An eclectic array of 70 food vendors will offer holiday treats.
New and returning event sponsors for this year’s event are The Las Olas Company, Bacardi, Grey Goose, Bombay Sapphire, Josh Cellars, Capital One, Truly Nolen, Cohen & McMullen, Di Pietro Partners, Maserati & Ferrari Fort Lauderdale, Once Beat CPR, Funky Buddha Brewery, Pollo Tropical, Compass, Carroll’s Jewelers, Lauderdale Marine and ONE Sotheby’s International Realty. In-kind partners are Linda Brown Events, iHeart Media, Durée & Company, Make A Statement Events, and The Christmas Palace.
Additional information available HERE.