HANDY (Helping Abused Neglected Disadvantaged Youth) will bring the holiday spirit to summer with a “Christmas in July” fundraiser on Thursday, July 18th.
- The event, which is presented by Breakthru Beverage Group, will include passed hors d’oeuvres, lavish food stations, an open bar, a photo booth and a special Christmas Silent Auction.
- The silent auction will include a mixture of Christmas and Easter decorations and heirlooms from the Huizenga Family collection. Items include:
- Eight glass ornaments from world-renowned artist Natalie Sarabella
- A light up Christmas tree from Huizenga’s office
- Miami Dolphins lighted holiday sculpture
- Hand-painted Christmas tree by Danbury Mint from Huizenga’s office
- Guests will experience the joy of the holiday season amid breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Fort Lauderdale skyline from the iconic Tower Club (100 SE 3rd Ave, 28th Floor, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394)
- The attire for the event is Beachy Chic.
- Upon arrival, guests will receive fresh Hawaiian leis.
- Proceeds from the event will help HANDY children and families this holiday season; HANDY will be buying all of the HANDY children Christmas gifts with the funds raised from the event.
- HANDY is an award-winning non-profit that provides life skills, education and a supportive community for Broward County children in foster and relative/nonrelative care.
- HANDY was founded in 1985 by Ed Pudaloff, who wished to create something special to help abused and neglected children in the Broward County community. He reached out to two of his closest friends, Marti Huizenga and Kathy Jackson, for help. The three of them started fundraising committees and created scholarship funds, bought clothes for children and celebrated their birthdays. In the beginning, they had two well-known events, Easter for Kids and the Fashion Show, which went on for years before incorporating other events such as the Scholars Breakfast and Schoolapalooza.
DETAILS: Tickets to the event are $150 and can be purchased through Eventbrite. If you have any additional questions about sponsorship packages or ticket information, please contact Jennifer Buchanan (Jbuchanan@HANDYinc.org; 954-982-2445).
HANDY, which stands for Helping Abused Neglected Disadvantaged Youth, is an award-winning 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Founded in 1985, HANDY has met the needs of more than 45,000 Broward County children in foster and relative/nonrelative care associated with the child dependency system. HANDY’s mission is to achieve positive, lasting change for youth by providing life skills, education and a supportive community. HANDY strives to provide customized programs that meet the individual needs of a child that take them from early childhood to adulthood. For more information visit https://handyinc.org.