Date(s) - Wednesday, May 19, 2021
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
United Way of Broward County’s Commission on Behavioral Health & Drug Prevention’s Mental Health Promotion Action Team presents Championing Mental Health in Our Community, a virtual event on May 19.
• In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month in May, and with so many people in our community dealing with mental health issues concerns both prior to, and now due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, United Way of Broward County’s Commission on Behavioral Health & Drug Prevention is hosting this virtual event to help provide the public with information about the fundamentals of mental health and illness.
• During the event, presenters will provide the community with the many resources that are available.
• Presenters will include experts in the field of mental health from various Broward County-based organizations including United Way of Broward County’s Commission on Behavioral Health & Drug Prevention, 211 Broward, Florida Initiative for Suicide Prevention (FISP), The Journey Institute and others.
• The topics that will be discussed include:
o Defining mental health and well-being
o Ending stigma and dispelling myths about mental health conditions
o Understanding depression and other related conditions
o Concerns affecting specific populations
o Suicide prevention
o Substance use prevention
o Available mental health resources in our community
• The event is free and open to the public.
DETAILS: This virtual event is FREE to attend. To register or to learn more about event topics, visit www.UnitedWayBroward.org/ChampioningMentalHealth
For more information, please contact ccohen@UnitedWayBroward.org.
Registration and additional information available HERE.