Celebrate National Engineering Week at MODS on February 21-27, 2021. The Museum is closed on Monday, February 22.
• Join MODS all week long in recognizing the people who make our world possible as we celebrate National Engineering Week.
• Try out your own engineering skills in The Hangar, our Makerspace, as we facilitate a different engineering challenge each day!
• Competition events include:
o 1 p.m. – Bridge Challenge – using assorted common items, build a bridge between two tables. The bridge that can support the most weight wins!
o 2 p.m. – Paper Table Challenge – Build the sturdiest table possible using nothing but 8 sheets of newspaper. The table that can stand at least 12 inches high and support the most weight wins!
o 3 p.m. – Catapult Challenge – Design and build a catapult that can launch a ping pong ball across the room. The farthest launch wins!
• The Hangar, a one-of-a-kind makerspace in Broward County, encourages visitors of all ages to engage in an immersive, hands-on learning experience and includes collaborative activities, from robotics and electronics, to sewing and 3D printing.
• Masks are mandatory for all guests over the age of 2, including those who have received a COVID vaccination. Guests also must practice social distancing.
February 21-27, 2021
The Museum is closed on Mondays, but is open Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and on Sunday from 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
DETAILS: Space is limited for each competition event and spots are on a first-come, first-served basis.
This event is FREE with Museum Admission. Tickets can be purchased online at mods.org/tickets or at the Museum box office.