Date(s) - Monday, May 17, 2021
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
José Andrés – internationally-recognized culinary innovator, author and humanitarian, will appear virtually at the Broward College Speaker Series on Monday, May 17 at 7:30 p.m.
• TOPIC: “Changing the World Through the Power of Food.”
• Chef José Andrés will share his insight on the current food and hunger issues and how he uses the power of food to empower communities and strengthen economies.
• Named one of Time’s “100 Most Influential People” in both 2012 and 2018 and awarded “Outstanding Chef” and “Humanitarian of the Year” by the James Beard Foundation. He is an internationally-recognized culinary innovator, author, educator, television personality, humanitarian, and chef/owner of ThinkFoodGroup.
• A pioneer of Spanish tapas in the United States, he is also known for his groundbreaking avant-garde cuisine and his award-winning group of more than 30 restaurants plus a food truck located throughout the country.
• Andrés is a committed advocate of food and hunger issues and is known for championing the role of chefs in the national debate on food policy and in 2010, he formed World Central Kitchen, a non-profit that provides smart solutions to hunger and poverty by using the power of food to empower communities and strengthen economies.
TICKETS: Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at www.BrowardCollegeSpeakerSeries.com.
On the day of the event, a unique Zoom link will be sent to the registered email addresses.