Date(s) - Saturday, August 13, 2022 - Sunday, August 14, 2022
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Guests can view Free Our Seas’ “Flotsam Fauna” exhibit of sculptures created by Free Our Seas and Beyond from over 1,000 pounds of marine debris found on the shores of South Florida beaches which highlight the importance of ocean conservation. Inside the “Pollution Solutions” exhibit in the Gallery, guests will discover some fascinating facts about our oceans, mangroves and the Everglades, and solutions to the pollution that threatens their existence.
Back 2 School Weekend Activities:
- Live entertainment by the Divas All Star, from 1pm – 3pm,
- Kids’ Corner free conservation activities, from 10am – 4pm.
- Children’s Yoga at 10:00am (both days)
- Conservation booths: MEEC (Marine Environmental Education Center), Miami WaterKeeper, Coral Restoration Foundation, Costal Love, Shark4Kids, Imagine Our Florida, IGFA (International game Fish Association), MODS STEMobile, NSU Alvin Sherman Library, Sierra Club – Broward, MANG, 4Oceans, Sea Turtle Oversight & Protection (STOP)
In the MODS STEMobile Guests can explore the importance of sea turtles in our environment as they make their own 2D sea turtle art project! Explore how wax and oil react with water-based paints, learn unique art techniques and fun facts about sea turtles in this hands-on, immersive sea turtle program.
The International Game Fish Association (IGFA) booth will show kids about the importance of removing plastics from the waterways while creating fun mosaics.
Flamingo Gardens booth volunteers will help children make and take eco-friendly recycled bird feeders.
About Divas All Star:
This group of talented female musicians with international experience have performed with recognized orchestras such as Grupo Niche, Canela, Miami Symphony and Emily Estefan just to name a few. The band is led by singer Paula Zuleta, a Latin Grammy nominee with more than 25 years of experience in the musical arena. DIVAS ALL STAR delivers a high-energy experience with each performance. This band plays all types of music however their largest repertoire is Latin Rhythms such as Salsa, Merengue, Cha-Cha, Bachata, Reggaeton and some American Hits.
- $21.95 for ages 12+,
- $15.95 for ages 3-11,
- Flamingo Gardens members, SF Adventure Pass holders, and children 2 or younger are admitted free.
Flamingo Gardens is located at 3750 South Flamingo Road in Davie, FL 33330. Specialty weekend programs may be subject to change. Please check website for details prior to your visit. For more information, visit www.FlamingoGardens.org or call 954-473-2955.