Belmont Village Fort Lauderdale, a new luxury senior-living community, is hosting a luncheon and panel event in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association Southeast Florida Chapter and FAU’s Comprehensive Center for Brain Health.
The event – Ask the Experts: Whole Brain Fitness: A Guide to a Healthy Brain and Successful Aging – will feature brain health and memory care experts who will share insight on the best ways to maintain a healthy brain at every stage in life, including preventative care and the benefits of a Whole Brain Fitness lifestyle. A panel of experts will also answer questions and provide insight on brain health and dementia including early signs, lifestyle, local resources, and the family journey.
Dr. James Galvin, MD, MPH
- Founding Director, Comprehensive Center for Brain Health at FAU
- Dementia prevention and how to maintain a healthy brain
Beverly Sanborn, MSW, LCSW
- Gerontologist and VP of Program Development, Belmont Village Senior Living
- Whole Brain Fitness lifestyle approach and how to age successfully
Alzheimer’s Resource and Education Specialist
- Alzheimer’s Association Southeast Florida
- Recognizing the early signs of Alzheimer’s and local resources available to families
- Family Caregiver
- A personal perspective of the family journey with a loved one with dementia
PARKING: Complimentary valet parking is available. Space is limited.
WHY: A pioneer in senior-living, Belmont Village prides itself on its proprietary resident programming founded on partnerships with innovative universities and healthcare institutions and maintains a multidisciplinary research approach under the direction of a nationally recognized gerontologist, Beverly Sanborn. The company’s award-winning Circle of Friends program, led by Sanborn, is a specially designed memory enrichment program for residents with Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI). Guided by medical research, the program tackles the effects of MCI through a daily program of activities designed to maintain mental alertness and thwart memory loss, while promoting confidence in social interactions and boosting self-esteem.
RSVP: Belmont Village Fort Lauderdale
MEDIA CONTACT: Kreps DeMaria PR + Marketing
Cindi Perantoni / email@example.com
305-663-3543 / 305.962.9206