Date(s) - Tuesday, February 28, 2023
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Signature Grand
United Way of Florida is hosting the first inaugural ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) Summit, a one-day conference to provide community leaders, funders, business leaders, and policy makers the resources and solutions to provide critically needed assistance, and implement data-driven solutions that will lift up at-risk populations.
- Participants will gain insight on how the biannual ALICE reports have shaped strategies for community impact, corporate policy, and public policy to impact individuals and families earning more than the federal poverty level, but less than the basic cost of living.
- Sessions will discuss the critical resources needed to help support ALICE populations which includes home health aides, teacher assistants, and bus drivers, among others.
- Showcasing how corporations, foundations, community organizations, and United Way chapters across the country are affecting change for ALICE, the Summit will address four key areas:
- Employers – Focus on major employment sectors in Florida that have creatively changed their internal practices to help their employees achieve financial stability.
- Policymakers – Focus on the legislative landscape, workforce development and how policymakers are implementing changes to empower the ALICE population at the state level.
- Housing – Focus on access to attainable housing, housing justice and how Florida communities are successfully addressing the housing crisis.
- Data in Action – Focus on innovations in research methodologies and targeted interventions by zip code.
Keynote Speakers include:
- Kiran Gaudioso, Chief Executive Officer of United Way of Northern New Jersey and president of United For ALICE
- Ashley Anglin, Ph.D., Director of Research & Strategic Analysis, United Way of Northern New Jersey
- Gregory Adam Haile, J.D., President of Broward College
Special Comments provided by:
- Mayor Daniella Levine Cava, Miami-Dade County
DETAILS: Tickets to attend are $50 and available at https://www.unitedwaybroward.org/events/alice-summit. Breakfast and lunch included.