Date(s) - Sunday, June 5, 2022
Museum of Discovery and Science
The Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS) to host Roar & Explore Dinosaurs Weekends in June.
· Families will travel back in time with Dinosaurs in Motion, presented by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, during “Roar & Explore Dinosaurs” Weekends in June.
· Future paleontologists will travel back in time to excavate artifacts in the Dino Dig Pit, assess evidence by chipping away fossils with a chocolate chip cookie dig and make-and-take shark tooth necklaces.
· Dinosaurs in Motion: Where Art and Science Meet, which is the Museum’s newest traveling exhibit, is an interactive, engaging STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) exhibit where guests discover 14 magnificent, fully interactive, recycled life-size metal dinosaur sculptures inspired by actual fossils. The exhibit weaves the principles of kinetics, biomechanics, and robotics in their exposed mechanics and movable features for a roaring good time!
· Rock Talks, a guided tour with our MODS’ in-house geologist, also is available to Museum goers.
· Guests also will learn about alligators, horseshoe crabs and many other animal ambassadors.
· Catch a Roaring IMAX on the GIANT Screen: Dinosaurs of Antarctica, Ancient Caves, Dino Dana The Movie and more!
· The program will run every Saturday and Sunday throughout the month of June 2022 and is FREE with Museum admission.
June 4-5, June 11-12, June 18-19 and June 25-26
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
DETAILS: The exhibit is FREE with Museum admission. Tickets can be purchased at the Box Office or online at mods.org/tickets. For more information, please visit mods.org.