Date(s) - Saturday, July 24, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Las Olas Oceanside Park
Founder of ‘SOS Ocean Clean Up’ in Fort Lauderdale, Fl and Stoked on Salt, we are presenting the 4th annual SOS Conservation Day to share with your family and friends a fun way to contribute to the preservation of our beautiful ocean, beaches and living coral reefs that identify the special place where we live.
This year we are excited to announce that we will be partnering with the Las Olas Oceanside Park Farmers Market on Saturday, July 24, 2021 from 9am to 4pm, located at 3000 East Las Olas Blvd on Fort Lauderdale Beach. Expected Attendance: 2,500+. Vendors joining us in this year’s SOS Ocean Conservation Day will feature an eclectic array of traditional market fare including organic produce, art, clothing, home goods, apothecary items, artisanal foods and more.
Now in its 4th year, SOS Ocean Conservation Day is a free, one day, outdoor event not only fun, but an educational program for the entire family that will help bring awareness to our ocean and the efforts to preserve and protect our living coral reef ecosystems.
Within the SOS Ocean Conservation area, ocean/marine conservation groups will engage in outreach with the general public about issues that could be addressed on a local level – which we so desperately need: corals – manatees – lionfish – beach/ocean debris – sharks – sea turtles – manta rays – whales – lobstering – water quality – wildlife rescue – mangroves – fishing regulations – ocean safety and more.
Outreach and activities for guests to participate, include :
- Morning Shoreline Cleanup with FTL Beach Sweep from 8am – 11am
- Yoga on the Lawn with Lisa Pumper from 9:30am – 10:45am
- Organic Farmers Market with fresh fruits and vegetables
- Cooking Demonstration with GFL Food & Wine Festival and Publix Greenwise Market at The Main Las Olas 10:30am – 12 noon
- Interactive Areas
- 2 Beach Cleanup volunteers will have the chance to enter a free raffle for a 2021 Tortuga Music Festival Weekend Pass
- Collect outreach and educational materials as guests visit table-to-table and learn more about the importance of our florida coral reefs and sea life
- Live lionfish safety demonstrations
- Local ocean artists, photography and Pop-Up Mural Art
- Photo-ops with live mermaids and strolling characters
- Hands-on fun under every tent
- SOS Debris Art Donation Boxes for each Ocean-Related Non-Profit within the event to make a donation to the group(s) of their choice
- Free, eco-friendly, biodegradable give-aways, turtle tattoos and more TBA!
During the event we will have conservation groups educating the community on how to become more eco-friendly. We encourage all event goers to bring their own ocean-friendly drink ware to help continue the ongoing mission to ban plastic in our community.
Keep an eye out for the colorful SOS Debris Art Donation Boxes. 100% of the donations will go to the group(s) you would like to support to help them continue their efforts here in South Florida.
By following Stoked On Salt on all our social media pages, you can stay updated on all future events as well as other organizations who have the same vision as we do. Together, we can change and work towards a clean, healthy ocean planet. Event details forthcoming – this will be an event you do not want to miss!
FaceBook: SOS Ocean Conservation Day – Stoked On Salt – SOS Ocean Clean Up – SOS Debris Art
Instragram: Stoked_On_Salt Twitter: Stoked On Salt