Date(s) - Sunday, November 24, 2019
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The 3rd annual SOS Ocean Conservation Day is a free, one day, outdoor event not only fun, but an educational program for the entire family that will help bring awareness to our ocean and the efforts to preserve and protect our living coral reef ecosystems.
This year we are excited to announce that we will be partnering with the Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade Family Fun Day, 10am to 3pm, Huizenga Plaza, 32 East Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. Expected attendance of 7,000+.
The SOS Mission this year: Youth Ocean Education
Over 30 Ocean/Marine Conservation groups will join us in the ‘SOS Conservation Village’ to engage in outreach with the general public about issues that could be addressed on a local level – which we so desperately need: CORALS – MANATEES – LIONFISH – BEACH/OCEAN DEBRIS – SHARKS – SEA TURTLES – MANTA RAYS – WHALES – LOBSTERING – WATER QUALITY – WILDLIFE RESCUE – FISHING REGULATIONS – OCEAN SAFETY and more.
Outreach for guests:
- Shark4Kids – Interactive area where you can experience a 3D Virtual Shark Dive inside a shark cage
- Puckerup to Kiss-A-Shark in the SOS Photo Booth with Stoked On Salt
- Free reuseable tote bag compliments of ReefSafe Sun to use for collecting outreach and educational materials as guests visit table-to-table and learn more about the importance of our Florida Coral Reefs and Sea Life
- Zookeeper LCU live lionfish safety demonstrations by Charley Schram
- Cast a fishing line into the water while learning more on fishing safety and regulations with the IGFA crew
- Local ocean artists and debris sculptures
- Photo-ops with live Mermaids & Pirates
- Free, eco-friendly, biodegradable give-aways and more!
Winterfest Boat Parade will provide community service hours to any students who would like to volunteer. During the event we will have conservation groups educating the community on how to become more eco-friendly by joining the SOS Mission to “Be E.C.” – environmentally conscious. We encourage all event goers to bring their own ocean-friendly drinkware to help continue the ongoing mission to Ban Plastic in our community.
With over 7,000 attendees – Winterfest Boat Parade Family Fun Day is packed with exciting Fort Lauderdale family activities where you can win prizes, check out the Florida Renaissance Pirate Ship and so much more. There are even plenty of opportunities for photo ops with Santa, Stanley the Panther and other surprise guests!
Stay updated on Facebook at: SOS Ocean Conservation Day – as we introduce our 3rd annual vendors and sponsors. We look forward to an amazing day of ocean education for all ages.