Date(s) - Friday, March 5, 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am
United Way of Broward County to Virtually Host the 29th Annual Day of Caring on Friday, March 5th at 10 a.m.
• United Way of Broward County is inviting community members to join them for a virtual kick-off for the 29th Annual Day of Caring.
• The event is presented by Memorial Healthcare System
• During the kick-off event, United Way will be providing details on how volunteers can participate this year, which will include the following:
o Creating a Shoe Box with Essential Items for the Homeless – Collection items include toiletries such as, travel-size shampoo, deodorant, travel-size soap, toothbrush and toothpaste, adhesive bandages, hand towels, prepaid phone cards, pens, journals and more. The shoebox can be wrapped like a gift with a written note of encouragement to brighten the day of those going through a difficult time. Participants who share their box on social media are entered to win a prize.
o Collecting Food and Bringing it to Local Food Pantries – Collection items include canned meats, canned tuna, soup, rice, pasta, pasta sauce, coffee, tea, dish detergent, and more.
o Contact Local Legislatures to Advocate on Behalf of the ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) Families – Volunteers who wish to participate in Advocacy will have access to a Day of Caring Advocacy Toolkit and can send messages to State Representatives and State Senators to support legislation that will help thousands of ALICE families across Florida as they struggle to keep a roof over their head during these trying times.
• The local drop off locations for the essential items and food donations include LifeNet4Families (1 NW 33rd Terrace, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311) and Broward Partnership for the Homeless (920 NW 7th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311)
• United Way of Broward County’s Day of Caring promotes the spirit and value of volunteerism and demonstrates what the community can accomplish by working together. Each year, hundreds of volunteers lend their time, talents and energy to making a difference in our community.
SPONSORS: Presenting Sponsor: Memorial Healthcare System | Corporate Partners | JM Family Enterprises, Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC, Consolidated Credit, Publix Super Markets, Broward Health, Celebrity Cruises, Holman Enterprises, Memorial Healthcare System, Nova Southeastern University, The Howland Group, the Castle Group, BNY Mellon, JP Morgan Chase & Co., OffleaseOnly.com, Wells Fargo | Event Sponsors: Bank of America, Grant Thornton, HealthTrust Workforce Solutions and Ultimate Kronos Group.
Virtual via Zoom
To register, please visit: UnitedWayBroward.org/DayofCaring