Date(s) - Saturday, October 20, 2018
6:30 pm - 11:00 pm
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel and Marina
Leadership Broward will celebrate the best and brightest of Broward County at its 2018 Profiles in Leadership Black-Tie Ball, this year themed Evening in Wonderland. The gala, supported by title sponsor KEMET Corporation, will be held at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina in Fort Lauderdale from 6:30 to 11 p.m. on Saturday, October 20. Pier Sixty-Six once again is the Black-Tie Ball’s presenting sponsor.
The annual Profiles in Leadership Black-Tie Ball honors business and community leaders in Broward County who have significantly impacted Broward County both professionally and personally. This year’s Profiles in Leadership honorees are:
- Gregory A. Haile, Esq.: Recently named as the 7th President of Broward College, Gregory Haile began his career as a corporate litigator and later joined Broward College as its General Counsel and VP for Public Policy and Government Affairs. An accomplished educator, community leader and public servant, Haile has championed his community by serving in more than 35 board or committee capacities and in 20 chair/president or vice-chair/president positions. He has helped raise more than a million dollars to support Broward County causes.
- Chantal Leconte, FACHE: Leconte recently retired from Joe Dimaggio Children’s Hospital, a Memorial Healthcare System pediatric hospital in Hollywood, where she served as CEO. With more than 40 years of experience, she brought a balance of clinical knowledge as an RN and health care administration to her role as CEO. Leconte has been involved with Women’s Healthcare Executive Network-South Florida, the American Heart Association and the Weston Business Chamber of Commerce. She is the immediate past chair of the South Florida Hospital and Healthcare Association Board of Directors.
- Per-Olof Loof: Loof is the CEO of KEMET Corporation, a leading global manufacturer of electronic components, known for providing the highest standards of quality, delivery and service to its customers. He has been honored by Ernst & Young as an Entrepreneur of the Year, by South Florida Business Journal as a Broward Ultimate CEO, and most recently was inducted into Nova Southeastern University’s H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business & Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame. He has served as Honorary Consul of Sweden for the State of Florida since 2006 and was elected Freeman and Citizen of the City of London in 2001.
Amaury Piedra: As General Manager for Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina in Fort Lauderdale, Piedra provides strategic direction to more than 300 onsite personnel and is responsible for the operations of the hotel, five dining outlets, banquet and meeting facilities and the property’s marina. Active in the community, Piedra was a founder and past member of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau’s Marketing Committee, the founding chair of the Fort Lauderdale Beach Business Improvement District and played a key role in launching the inaugural Tortuga Music Festival. He is also a former board member of the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau.
The Profiles in Leadership Lifetime Achievement Award goes to:
- Ina Lee: Tourism icon Ina Lee, owner of Travelhost Magazine of Greater Fort Lauderdale, founded the Beach Council of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce in 1985, which under her leadership played a major role in the transformation of Fort Lauderdale beach. Lee also founded Winterfest and served as its chairperson for its first six years. She is chair of the City of Fort Lauderdale Beach Redevelopment Advisory Board, serves on the Council of Economic Advisors for the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce as well as the Tourism and Travel Council of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, is vice chair of the marketing and advertising committee of the Convention and Visitors Bureau, sits on the board of the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association Broward Chapter and Friends of Birch State Park and serves on the board of trustees of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce.
The Profiles in Leadership Excellence in Corporate Leadership Award winner is:
- Ultimate Software: Ultimate Software is a leading provider of cloud-based human capital management solutions headquartered in Weston. In 2018, Ultimate ranked #3 on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work Forlist, its seventh consecutive year in the top 25, and #1 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Technology list for the third year in a row. In 2017, Ultimate ranked #7 on Forbes’ list of 100 Most Innovative Growth Companies; #2 on People’s 50 Companies That Care list; and the National Customer Service Association named Ultimate Service Organization of the Year in the Large Business category.
The 2018 Profiles in Leadership gala, emceed by WPLG Local 10 Anchor Kristi Krueger, is co-chaired by: Brandon Hensler, Nova Southeastern University; Brenda Pagliaro, City Furniture; Cindy Schutt, Cindy Schutt PR; Julie Spadavecchia, Bank of America; and Katie Torres, Cato Insurance Group. Andria Cunningham, Nova Southeastern University, serves on the Leadership Broward board of directors as vice president of special events.
The annual Profiles in Leadership Gala is one of the best attended and widely recognized events of the season with more than 450 guests expected to attend. Guests will enjoy a sumptuous dinner, an over-the-top live and silent auction, a special honoree tribute, live entertainment by Gregory Griffith Productions and an elegant after party. Tickets are $550 for Leadership Broward Foundation couples; $300 per person for Leadership Broward Foundation members; and $350 per person for guests and non-members. Attire is black tie.