Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale’s signature events have been created over the years to bring together the Downtown Community and celebrate the Riverwalk Park as a place to live, work and play.
- Burger Battle™ – Created in 2010, this sizzling event pits local restaurants against one another as they show off their creative grilling skills and compete for Chef-Driven and Fan Favorite awards.
- Get Downtown, Spring and Fall’s largest outdoor cocktail hour in Plaza at Las Olas (since 1998), engages our corporate membership with our growing Downtown community.
- Light Up Lauderdale, founded in 2008 with the City of Fort Lauderdale, is a season long celebration of glittering holiday lights and displays that pave the way for Get Lit’s Lighting Ceremony, Christmas on Las Olas and the Winterfest Boat Parade.
- Membership Mixers are hosted with local Downtown partners and our diverse Board.
- Mutts & Martinis™, Get Downtown Unleashed, is Fort Lauderdale’s largest outdoor, pet-friendly cocktail hour along the New River.
- Riverwalk Tribute – this annual event, honoring a local Riverwalk supporter, was the first major fundraising event created for the organization. Honorees include 2001 Edward D. Stone Jr. and EDSA • 2002 Jack Loos • 2003 Congressman E. Clay Shaw • 2004 Terry Stiles • 2005 Marti & Wayne Huizenga • 2006 Ginny & Tom Miller • 2007 Mayor Jim Naugle • 2008 Downtown Development Authority • 2009 Dr. George Hanbury • 2010 M. Austin Forman • 2011 The Seminole Tribe • 2012 The Honorable John P. “Jack” Seiler • 2013 Gale Butler • 2014 Lisa Scott-Founds